Waterproofing a floor
OOO Aquatron-BKhK is in the business of producing and selling compounds for waterproofing flooring in various facilities. Our product line is noted for an affordable price and high effectiveness against moisture seeping in. The materials in the Aquatron line are based on sand, Portland cement, and a number of patented modifying additives. They are highly recommended for use under the most diverse conditions.
Advantages of the Aquatron mixtures for waterproofing a floor:
- excellent protection against water and moisture;
- complete environmental safety;
- increased sturdiness of the treated surfaces;
- good adhesion with various types of materials;
- high resistance to low temperatures;
- protection against the appearance of microorganisms and mold;
- resistance to aggressive chemical compounds;
- restoration of the original properties of the material being treated.
Waterproofing of flooring is required in locations with a high level of moisture — for example, bathrooms and kitchens. Appropriate treatment is also a good idea in residential rooms that are located above basements.
Types of materials for waterproofing a floor:
- Aquatron‑6. A waterproofing mixture that is used when building new concrete and steel-reinforced concrete structures and remodeling old ones. Noted for simplicity of use, low cost, and a high service life.
- Aquatron‑8. Thisisacompoundforarmoringaction. It is applied to stop active leaks, seal foundation bolts, and waterproof panel seams and blocks, as well as water and sewer pipes.
- Aquatron‑12. A concentrated chemical additive to a concrete mixture, providing waterproofing and improved properties in monolithic and steel-reinforced constructions. Provides 100% moisture protection for any surface.
Stages in waterproofing a floor
The operations to protect concrete and other mineral surfaces from the effects of moisture should be performed together and sequentially. The technical sequence for applying the waterproofing mixture is as follows:
- Using a punch or other tool, stitch the seams in the locations where surfaces join. The size of the groove should be not less than 20 × 20 mm.
- Then clean and moisten the section being prepared.
- Fill the seams with the Aquatron‑8 mixture.
- Using a polishing machine or drill with attachment, remove contamination from the surface being treated. Then moisten the locations where the floor is to be waterproofed.
- Using a spatula or brush, apply a layer of the Aquatron‑6 material to a thickness of about 1.5 mm. Make a second application several hours later. The properties of the waterproofing mixture enable it to provide effective waterproofing of the floor through the entire period that the structure is in use.
- Further finishing work may be performed 7 hours after applying the mixture.
The average consumption of the material is 0.8 to 1.2 kg/m² for Aquatron‑6, and for Aquatron‑8, about 0.6 kg per linear meter.
Using our waterproofing mixtures is the best way to achieve full waterproofing of a floor. In addition to protection against the destructive effect of moisture, the Aquatron compounds increase the strength of the constructions and their resistance to erosion. All of the waterproofing compounds for flooring have undergone certification and are approved for treating any type of construction element, including reservoirs of potable water.