Waterproofing is hugely significant when constructing wells. The reason is that the action of groundwater damages the walls of a well, causing particles of clay, petroleum products, chemicals, organic substances harmful to health, and much else to penetrate into the well. For maximum protection of the structure, it must be waterproofed inside and out. Waterproofing will protect the well from erosion and assure clean drinking water for a long time.
The OOO Aquatron-BKhK сompany offers the Aquatron line of compounds, which are designed for reliable protection of concrete constructions against moisture. The materials are noted for being absolutely environmentally safe and for not affecting the natural taste of water. In addition, they strengthen the installation and increase its service life and resistance to freezing.
The purpose is to prevent the effects of groundwater on the walls of the structure. Waterproofing is best done at the stage of construction. However, in the case of damage to external waterproofing, or because it is absent in an existing well, the best way to solve the problem of leakage is to apply materials with a penetrating action. Otherwise, a major amount of earth-moving work will be required in order to reach the external surface.
We offer the Aquatron‑6 and Aquatron‑8 compounds as protective materials for waterproofing wells. These have a number of merits:
- simple and quick application;
- the ability to penetrate deeply into the structure of concrete (in fact through the entire thickness of the wall of a concrete well) with subsequent formation of insoluble crystals;
- improved strength properties of the foundation and better resistance to freezing;
- increased service lifetime of the installation.
Before undertaking the exterior waterproofing of a well, a number of preparatory operations must be performed, including:
- normal expansion of the concrete ring joints;
- cleaning the surfaces of easily removable attached materials (dust, dirt, organic substances, hardened concrete, et al.). The treatment should extend about 150 mm from the edge of the seam in two directions;
- saturation of the ring joints with water;
- plugging active leaks using the Aquatron‑8 compound;
- treating the surface of the well rings with the Aquatron‑6 compound in accordance with procedural documentation.